Monday, August 1, 2011

Too Fast!!!





The year is moving by super fast, it seems like just yesterday we were celebrating Christmas. It's August 1st, baseball season is over, Nick graduated high school, Sis got her associates degree, Carrie got a job in Cheyenne and Averi is growing by the second.

My baseball team, Cheyenne Post 6 Hawks won the Wyoming Legion B state title for the 6th consecutive year, won a junior regional championship and took 3rd place the Northern Colorado Baseball League Varsity division.

This year was much different than years past when in comes to the state championship, it was sweeter. For the past couple of years, team around the state have not had great teams, at the same time, my teams for the past few years have been very tough. This year my team was tough but there were also some other teams in the state to really challenge us. From that aspect, I found my nerves tested like they used to and on certain plays my fists were pumping like a kid again. I needed that.

I also got to stay home and watch Nick win the Wyoming state "AA" title for the third straight year and this was the 10th of 11th for Cheyenne Post 6 Baseball. Nick and I have been through a lot through out the years and I was glad I got to stay and be able to watch and share this memory with my little brother.

Overall it was a big year for my brothers and sister. Nick graduated from high school and looks to move on to the University of Wyoming. Sis finished up her associates degree from Laramie County Community College
and while she is unsure where she wants to finish her undergrad work, I am confident she will make the best decision for her. Dave is well on his way to finishing his undergrad work at UW and should only have a couple years left.

On the extended family end, my cousin Candice moved right next door to Carrie and I for the past 6 months and while her and I have always been close, Carrie and Candice also formed a special friendship. Candice got offered an awesome opportunity to move to New York for her job and while she has moved, we do have plans to visit.

With that said we also had to the chance to see our Uncles and Aunts from Guam/California. It has been years since we were all together and while this may be the last time, we will meet the experience was nothing short of memorable.

Last but not least Carrie accepted a job teaching 1st grade in Cheyenne. While Carrie has undoubtedly established herself as an excellent teacher, we do owe a debt of gratitude to our friends who helped make this happen. Therefore we do plan to make the move back to Cheyenne, with slight reluctance I might add, as we have fell in love with Fort Collins. Although we will miss it, it is only logical to make the move back.

While Carrie and I make the move back, Averi is taking it all in stride. Everyday is definitely a new adventure with her as she develops her own little personality. Our newest venture is potty training and while it only has been a couple of days, she is well on her way. We also found a daycare we feel comfortable with in Cheyenne and when we visited Averi did not want to leave.

Last but not least I got to visit my best friend whom I've known since kindergarten. I got a chance to go to Seattle for a conference for work and Brian and his wife Gracie came to visit as they live in Spokane. Brian and Gracie are expecting their first child this October, needless to say I am extremely excited!

All in all that is the last 6 months in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stumble Upon Toolbar