Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bigging

Carrie told me of a story when she was very young about her not wanted to grow up. She exclaimed to those who listened that she disliked "bigging". I was recently sent an email that was forwarded. Inside the email was script from, I think George Carlin. Inside the script it talks about the aging process. It speaks of when we are young we want to grow up so fast and when we are old we wished we were young. Carrie sat on the couch yesterday and said "Do you remember when she was so little...?" We laughed at how we are already saying "remember when."

Soon Averi will be four months old. The little tyke is growing quickly, gaining a personality and becoming a little person. We are finding out so much about her. She doesn't like the car, she likes to eat her feet, she loves to chit chat, she does not like being alone, she sleeps with her hands above her head, gets scared when Uncle Dave gives her the slightest "Boo!", loves the sound of running water, pukes on command, drools like a faucet, just to describe her a little. She will laugh with the best of them and cry just as hard. With all that said she will make your day with a simple smile and she can make you laugh with a little chatter even at two in the morning.

It really is amazing to see the evolution of life. Just a year ago Carrie and I were hanging out planning for the weekend and now we plan for the night. Can't help but think about how this all started.

Just yesterday Carrie and I were flirting in the dorms at NJC. Just a few hours ago we got married and a few seconds ago we have Averi.

Guess we gotta big no matter what. I guess all we can do is live in the now and cherish this time whether the time be bad or good. Before I go to sleep at night, I go into Averi's room and stand there and gaze at my little girl. I go into my bedroom and lie beside my wife. I realize that man it would suck to die today but if I can die with those images in my head, it will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stumble Upon Toolbar