Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Little Stressed/ Update


Two weeks out and my mind is running wild. I cannot help but feel overwhelmed, all the while trying to keep it together. Time has slowed a great deal, like a kid anticipating Christmas morning. I can't help but be extremely nervous for this new adventure in my life. Many times I end up speechless when thinking to myself on how life will be with this new addition.

I often venture to place myself in others shoes and see how they are doing and what they are doing with their new person. I wonder how they do it and then think back to my upbringing. I realize the means to which I had and realize there were times I wanted more. On the other hand I look back and realize I had way more than I ever needed. As a child I think we wall want more and not until we mature we realize, we would not have it any other way.

I had parents that were always there, together, no matter what. I had three brothers and a sister, although younger, always kept and keep me grounded and love me now matter what. I also had a great advantage of having an extended family close by. With 20 other family members close by, I can say they are some of my best friends and are not considered extended family but family. As we all grow and find our own niche, we all still remain close, we still get together every couple weekends and BBQ island stlye even in the winter. What's more is we have family on the other side of the country and even to them we remain close. Although our get-togethers may not be quite as frequent, we still remain tight knit.

Furthermore, Carrie and I have been blessed with great friends also. Anyone that knows me, know I am person of loyalty and would rather have few close and loyal friends than many friends.

Through these thoughts I breathe a little easier and worry less. That said, I will still worry and be anxious but I know this will wane as time proceeds. I know I am not the only one.

Update

We are about a week and half away from our due date, (Sept. 21) Carrie is now in her weekly appointments. The baby is beginning to drop slowly and Carrie is slightly dilated. In turn, that means things are on schedule and it now is a matter of days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stumble Upon Toolbar